Location: Austin, Texas
A dynamic, forward-thinking software company has an immediate need for a highly experienced, high caliber, highly driven Android Developer with an energetic and positive attitude. The position represents a ground floor opportunity to join this fast growing SaaS company in Austin, TX and become an integral part of the technology team. Candidate MUST have a great attitude to fit in with this team. The Android Developer will play a critical role in improving, expanding, and sustaining our Android platform.
What we care about:
Design -- making sure the application architecture is properly written, testable, scalable and maintainable. We obsess over great code that works great.
Reliability -- it has to work all the time. We love unit tests, mock objects, continuous build and integration and collaborative development.
We are a fast growth organization in a SAAS based environment with logistics solutions for transportation companies. You will be working with a hands-on, experienced senior management team of technology, business and logistics professionals. HQ is in Austin, Texas.
If this job description sounds interesting to you and you’d like to be the part of a great team, please send a detailed cover letter and resume highlighting your experience to careers@Qv21.com.
Note: Due to a high volume of resumes received, only qualified applicants will be contacted. Thank you.
- 2 Years experience Java on Android
- Core Java skills, such as multi-threading, and familiar with the JDK libraries.
- UI Layout / UI Assets (e.g. 9-patch images).
- MVC on Android with Activities/Intentions/Services.
- JSON/REST APIs.
- Push Notifications.
- Experience with apps that function offline and perform synchronization with remote services.
- Jackson Library for JSON
- Spring REST client
- Custom UI views
- Crash reporting library, such as BugSense
- Flurry for metrics/analytics
- Implementing/testing on varied class of devices, different Android versions and screen sizes
- Server-side integration of push notifications with UrbanAirShip
- HTML/CSS on Web Views
- MS or BS in computer science, EECS, or equivalent knowledge and experience
Send your resume and cover letter here to submit your information.