ROI Case Study: Before Qv21
Dispatch & Field Operations Challenges:
- Crude oil and water hauler with a fleet of 155 trucks.
- 10k loads per month using handwritten paper tickets.
- 8 full-time (24/7/365 operation) dispatchers manually dispatching drivers and communicating via phone and text.
- Constant need to contact drivers for load status and availability as well as chasing down paper tickets.
- Drivers were often losing paper tickets or failing to complete tickets thoroughly.
- Drivers routinely waiting on dispatchers to assign jobs.
Back Office / Accounting Challenges:
- A team of 5 resources manually interpreting and reconciling handwritten paper tickets as well as performing manual back office functions.
- Managing several customer Excel spreadsheets.
- Manually processing invoices and payroll via reconciled paper tickets and Excel spreadsheets.
- Experiencing AR/AP delays of up to 60-90 days because of lost tickets, disputes and manual processes.
- Countless hours scanning and storing paper tickets.
After Qv21 TLF Implementation
- Dispatch resources were reduced by 4 to continue handling the 24/7/365 dispatch operation using Qv21’s TLF system using 12-hour split shifts.
- Jobs communicated via the Qv21 system and system messaging tool instead of by phone or text.
- Monitoring real-time field activity, truck movement, current driver locations and real-time status on loads.
- No more paper tickets for drivers or paper HOS logs or DVIR paper tickets.
- Back-office resources were reduced by 3 to handle ticket reconciliation, invoicing and payroll reports using Qv21’s TLF system, tools and reports.
- Ticket reconciliation through the system drastically reduced the turnaround time and paper ticket chase.
- Ability to invoice same day as needed since completed jobs are available in the system for processing immediately.
- Disputes and ticket research time drastically reduced and no more storing paper tickets for auditing.
Field Operation Efficiencies Gained
- Reduced active trucks by 54.8%, mostly third-party carriers
- Averaging 4.95 loads per day per truck
- Averaging $3.68 per load per month
- Fleet of 155 active trucks made up of company-owned and third-party carriers
- Averaging 2.16 loads per day per truck
- Averaging $6.00 per load per month
Cost Per Load:
The company saw a 38.7% reduction in their costs per load. Benefits from using the Qv21's TLF system were attributed to this savings from:
- System ticket reconciliation tools
- Standard and custom reports from the system (to include those for invoicing and payroll management)
- Real-time ticket visibility and history
- Drastically reduced paper ticket handling
- More loads with fewer trucks
Loads Per Truck / Per Day:
The company saw a 129% efficiency improvement in the average number of loads completed each day by a single truck. Several things can be attributed to this, mostly driven by the technology and associated business process improvements:
- Advanced route management and real-time visibility into fleet activity in the field
- Advanced dispatch capabilities
- Advanced tablet technology
- Enhanced driver communication
Contact Qv21 for a free return-on-investment analysis of what you can expect from a TLF implementation based on your operations.