Software Engineering Process Manager
Location: Austin, Texas
Qv21 Technologies is looking for a Software Engineering Process Manager with 3-5 years of relevant professional experience.
The role of Software Engineering Process Manager will be a team leader, manager and mentor for the engineering and QA teams. The candidate will manage Qv21’s technical resources to ensure engineering requirements are clear, projects and deadlines are on-time, and customer expectations are met. Part of this responsibility will be working with the sales team and customers to clarify requirements and the legitimacy of deliverables and deadlines.
At Qv21, we deliver world-class service to our customers and the candidate will be a key team member ensuring the continuation and enhancement of this level of service.
We are a fast growth organization in a SAAS based environment with logistics solutions for transportation companies. You will be working with a hands-on, experienced senior management team of technology, business and logistics professionals. HQ is in Austin, Texas.
If this job description sounds interesting to you and you’d like to be the part of a great team, please send a detailed cover letter and resume highlighting your experience to careers@Qv21.com.
Note: Due to a high volume of resumes received, only qualified applicants will be contacted. Thank you.
Responsibilities and Skills:
- Manage the business process for multiple software engineering projects.
- Work closely with the Sales, Implementations and Customer Experience teams to define requirements and manage bugs in a manner the technical teams can utilize.
- This includes working directly with the software engineering team to manage timelines and help set expectations.
- This is a technical management role that will require understanding of the software development and Agile process. * Find and manage the balance between customer needs, feature development, bug/tech debt and the technical teams’ current workload.
- Be able to work in an environment where priorities may frequently change.
- Deploy strict organizational skills to manage the timelines and deadlines of all software engineering tasks.
- Conduct and participate in daily Scrum sessions with team members to ensure tasks are progressing.
- Drive projects with responsible participants to meet deadlines and customer demands.
- Provide periodic written project update reports to the executive team and project stakeholders.
- Manage and prioritize tasks and user stories in Target Process.
- Lead discovery, testing and implementation of automated tools for the Quality Assurance team.
- Reporting on key metrics with management and technical teams for Software Development and Quality Assurance.
- Be able to professionally communicate with senior management/leadership when problems arise so that expectations can be managed.
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills. * Work with commercial stakeholders (CEO, Exec VP of Operations, Founder) and the technical teams to support the ongoing development of the product roadmap.
- Work with HR to identify gaps, interview and hire quality candidates for the technical teams.
- A self-starter who should need little guidance to take on a new customers and projects.
- BSC/BA in computer science, engineering or relevant field; MSc/MA will be a plus.
- 3-5 years’ proven experience as Technical leader, Technical Lead Engineer or Technical Project Manager.
- Strong technical / software background so that projects, initiatives and deadlines are understood and met.
- Strong understanding on Agile methodologies.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal, team-building and communication skills.
- Ability to identify strengths & weaknesses of a project team.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of project management software.
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT resources.
- Knowledge of TargetProcess is desired.
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
If this job description sounds interesting to you and you’d like to be the part of a great team, please send a cover letter and resume highlighting your experience to careers at qv21 dot com.
Send your resume and cover letter here to submit your information.