SQL Server Developer
Location: Austin, TX
Looking for an SQL Server Server Developer with 3-5 years of experience and a strong background in data analysis and research, including some experience with SSRS and SSIS. We are a fast growth organization in a SaaS-based environment with logistics solutions for transportation companies. You will be working with a hands-on, experienced senior management team of technology, business and logistics professionals. HQ is in Austin, Texas.
Responsibilities and Skills:
- Development of upgrade scripts for deployment across all environments
- Development of stored procedures, functions, and indexes plus some database design in support of ongoing application development
- Performance tuning, index and statistics updating and general maintenance of OLTP and reporting queries
- Building custom reports for client base and applying consistent framework for development and deployment for standard reports
- Importing and exporting data in a variety of file formats using various database applications, primarily SSRS and SSIS
- Familiarity with source control systems such as MS Visual Studio (2010/2013)
- Ad-Hoc projects as necessary for departmental needs
- Checking data elements for consistency
- Performing queries to analyze and troubleshoot customer issues
- Ability to take business requirements and translate them to create database schemes and related code
We are looking for a self-reliant individual who works well under pressure and adheres to management policies and procedures.
- Three to five years of relevant experience
- Database skills, deep knowledge of SQL Server, SSRS, Stored Procedures and Transactions
- Basic skills in MS Office products, particularly Excel
- Some experience with C# .Net and JSON development will be a definite plus
- Ability to consistently meet milestones and deadlines
- Local candidates only!
- Analytical skills: to review and analyze large amounts of data for trends and assist in the creation of new external and internal reports.
- Communication Skills: Must be able to translate data into understandable documents or reports. You will need to write and speak clearly, easily communicating complex ideas.
- Attention to Detail: Report developers and data analysts must be vigilant in their data review to reach the correct conclusions.