Looking for a Senior Software Engineer – Full Stack with 5-7 years of experience and a strong background in SQL Server development, database management and performance analytics.
We are a fast-growth organization in a SaaS-based environment with logistics solutions for transportation companies. You will be working with a hands-on, experienced senior management team of technology, business and logistics professionals. HQ is in Austin, Texas.
Responsibilities & Skills:
- Assist in the ongoing design and maintenance of our application databases behind our e- ticketing, dispatch and ELD, SaaS-based system
- Performance tuning, index and statistics updating and general maintenance of OLTP and reporting queries
- Detect and resolve performance and scalability issues through the use of various logging tools and SQL Profiler
- Develop upgrade scripts for consistent deployment across all environments
- Develop stored procedures, functions, and indexes plus some database design in support of ongoing application development
- Ability to configure and troubleshoot log shipping, database mirroring, and replication
- Work with stakeholders to create and extend software architecture and design specifications based on complex requirements
- Participate in design reviews and code reviews with software engineering team and information services team
- Maintain current knowledge of software engineering tools and best practices
Additional responsibilities for the role:
- Respond with the team to system outages
- Ad-hoc projects as necessary for departmental needs
- Ability to take business requirements and translate them to create database schemas and related code.
- Importing and exporting data in a variety of file formats using various database applications, primarily SSRS and SSIS
We are looking for a self-reliant individual who works well under pressure and adheres to management policies and procedures.
- Five to seven years of relevant experience
- Deep SQL Server database programming and optimization skills particularly with experience in high transaction volume environments (millions per day)
- Database skills, deep knowledge of MS SQL Server, SSRS, SSIS Stored Procedures and Transactions, as well as debugging tools such as SQL Profiler
- Data Warehousing and ETL skills and experience with experience in OLAP, OLTP, ODS, SSIS, Python, Dimensional Modeling, Kimball Method
- Familiarity with source control systems such as MS Visual Studio (2013 or later)
- Advanced skills in MS Office products, particularly Excel
- Ability to consistently meet milestones and deadlines
- Customer-first mentality
- Team player a must! Low ego
- **Local candidates only!**
This position will offer the right candidate the opportunity to work across our application engineering, operations and information services teams to help the company build in the scalability required as we quickly expand our customer base. Those opportunities will require some experience with a mix of the following technologies:
- C#, .Net and JSON development will be a definite plus
- WCF, LINQ to SQL and MSMQ
- Redis, ElasticSearch, and/or Amazon Web Services
Analytical skills: To review and analyze performance metrics of large databases for trends and assist in the creation of code enhancements, index improvements and process changes where needed.
Communication Skills: Ability to write and speak clearly, easily communicating complex ideas. Must be able to translate data into an understandable documents or reports.
Attention to Detail: This team member should have a track record of managing multiple environments and consistently tracking the meaningful differences as the number of environments grows.
Team and Work Ethic: Ability to communicate across teams, self-starter, organized, calm and confident and able to work with constructive feedback, outside-the-box thinker.
Send your resume and cover letter here, or use the Application form to submit your information.